Last updated: May 24, 2018
This policy covers how we collect and use your personal data. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website and those enquiring about and using our geospatial solutions.
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of website visitors and users of our geospatial solutions; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
1. Personal data that we collect
In general, you can browse the www.eaglesensing.com website without disclosing any personal information about yourself. EagleSensing’s website may set and access cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Here you can find more information about cookies.
We collect information directly from individuals, from third-parties, and automatically through the EagleSensing Platform. When you create an account on our website we automatically save these personal records:
· Your username;
· Your safely encrypted password;
· Your e-mail address.
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on www.eaglesensing.com, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide, such as topics that you know about or find interesting. EagleSensing automatically receives information from cookies and records this on our server logs, such as; your IP address, the domain name, the type of browser and operating system used, the URL of the referring page and the completion status of the request.
The data may include as your IP address, your geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, the URL of the referring page and the completion status of the request as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
Communications: When you communicate with us (via email or phone), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Contact and Contract Information
EagleSensing also collects personally identifying information, for legitimate business interests, which may include:
- Contact information - your name, job title, employer name, telephone numbers, postal address, email address.
- Transactional data - details of enquiries, quotes, purchases and contracts. Details of transactional and financial data regarding our geospatial solutions and service usage. User name and password for account users.
- Customer relationship data - details of communication and correspondence between ourselves and yourself.
2. How we use your personal data
We may process data about your use of our website using cookies. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
Contact and Contract Information
The data may be processed for the purposes of
- Responding to your enquiries.
- Responding to requests for pricing.
- Supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- Carrying out our obligations from any contracts you have entered into with us.
- Managing the performance of a contract between you and us.
- Maintaining and backing up databases.
- Communicating with you for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you.
- The proper management of our customer relationships.
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- For the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
- For compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. How we will process your data
We will process your personal data where:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- It is necessary in order to protect your vital interests.
- It is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
EagleSensing will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the legislation to protect personal information about you.
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of subsidiary companies, partners, suppliers and subcontractors, as is reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- The right to withdraw consent – Where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to be informed – You have the right to be told how your personal information will be used. This policy document, is intended to be a clear and transparent description of how your data may be used.
- The right of access – You can write to us asking what information we hold on you and to request a copy of that information, called a Subject Access Request, we will have 30 days to respond to you once we are satisfied you have rights to see the requested records and we have successfully confirmed your identity.
- The right of erasure - You have the right to be forgotten (i.e. to have your personally identifiable data deleted). However, we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you.
- The right of rectification – If you believe our records are inaccurate you have the right to ask for those records concerning you to be updated. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected. We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided to us.
- The right to restrict processing – In certain situations you have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
- The right to data portability – Where we are processing your personal data under your consent, the law allows you to request data portability from us to another service provider. This right is largely seen as a way for people to transfer their personal data from one service provider to another. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- The right to object – You have an absolute right to stop the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to object to automated decisions – In a situation where a data controller is using your personal data in a computerized model or algorithm to make decisions “that have a legal effect on you”, you have the right to object. We do not undertake complex computerized decision making that produce legal effects.
4. How to contact our Data Protection Officer
You can contact us at any time to request access, correct or detail personal data held about you. Please contact: EagleSensing, Binnenhaven 1, 6709 PD Wageningen, The Netherlands.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.